Thursday, January 1, 2015

Solar Cruiser

December 19, 2014

I bought my first robot kit. I use the term robot loosely here. Really, it is much more a construction  toy for kids 8 and up, but I was curious to see what the package entailed and I wanted to have the solar panel and motor. I took it home and assembled it at the kitchen table in under an hour.

Unfortunately, I built it at dusk and was unable to get the motor turning because my family doesn't use halogen light bulbs and the sun had gone down. Initially, I had imagined the solar panel would work under normal lighting like the old calculators. Wrong. I decided at that point that the solar panel that came with the kit would be useless to my future projects.

Nonthelesss, I finally got it to work and it is pretty cool for a first project.




Fun project for kids. Get the kit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment